Can of chickpeas
1-2 cloves of garlic (Depending on how garlic-y you want it)
Bunch Fresh Coriander
Fresh Chilli (Or flakes) ( optional)
2 tsps of Cumin Powder
2 tsps of Coriander Powder
Salt & Pepper
Flour (To bind)
1. Drain chickpeas and dump into saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to boil…… boil for about 15 mins and then simmer for 20 mins or so.
2. Dice your onion and garlic coriander and chilli.
3. Drain chickpeas and put in a bowl, add all chopped veg and spices.
4. Using either your hands, a fork or my personal favourite a hand blender, whizz all ingredients until they form a paste. The blender really works well here.
5. Add a couple fo tablespoons of flour-spelt- gluten free, ect to the mix to bind it together so that you can work with it.
6. Roll into balls, about 2inchs x 2inches and get ready to cook!
7. You can either fry bake or grill these falafels. To be honest they tast much better fried- or grilled than baked, the texture changes when it’s baked and it’s too hard- avoid it I say.
8. I recently got a George Foreman grill which is fantastic because it flattens your falafel into burger patties and cooks them super quick! Otherrwise just flatten the balls into patties and fry in the oil of your choice, probably extra virgin or coconut!